Saturday, August 9, 2014

The things we happen upon

As a parent you think you have made yourself clear. Given your children at least semi-concise instructions. Instilled some sort of common sense obedient wisdom in their little selves.  One happenstance, stumble upon a scene, and you are proven entirely wrong. Entirely. This is the climax of your parenting, #nailedit moment. #ornot. 

Johnathan and I both experienced these today. Solidarity parenting, at least we can claim that. Saturday morning and I slept in, my arrival was late to greet my guys. They hadn't eaten yet. So I decided I would prepare a healthful breakfast. Yogurt parfaits, I sliced peaches, washed blueberries, spooned Dannon Light & Fit yogurt, and sprinkled Special K Granola. Oh yeah, except my boys wanted everything separate. So I spooned the fresh fruit in a bowl for each of them, with a side cup of yogurt, and hold the granola. 

After prepping their breakfast, my 10 week old was ready for hers, so I went into the living/reading room to feed her. This is the scene I happened upon once I finished. 


Apparently the fresh cut fruit was not sweet enough on its own. We needed to bring the sugar canister used for baking to the table and shovel spoonfuls onto our peaches and blueberries. Nice sugar "bowl".  Nice, "I don't like blueberries with sugar." Nice, I'm pretty sure they reverted to spooning sugar directly into their mouths. Healthful. 

The other instance which amused me, included my husband asking my 3 1/2 year old to turn off the sprinkler water. A couple hours later this is what he came outside to find. Water still "on", but the sprinkler was covered and not spraying. How can you not love this? #nailedit #ornot 


2 comments: