Monday, March 4, 2013

A week in the life of BIG MALARKIES

It's Monday, it's a new week. I'm pretty sure our household is on the up & up now. But before I let last week settle in the dust, I have to give a shout out to my neighbor. Because my week, last week? Is pretty much, her week, every week. She's a pro, and doesn't let it get her down. I'm not exactly sure what her mantra's are. If I had to guess? They would somehow encapsulate the phrase: "You've gotta do, what you've gotta do.", or something to that effect. She's a great mom, and a lovely woman, and my role model for "rolling with the punches". To protect her privacy, I have affectionately named her "Big Malarkies". 

Instead of typing out the whole week I'll just give you the abbreviated version in equation form. 

Sunday+ 2 year old+ (Pink eye * Fever) = Urgent Care + Pharmacy + (a weeks worth of traumatic eye drops)

Friday+ 6 year old+ (Cold sore * nose sore * rash) = Pediatrician + Pharmacy + (Creams & Antibiotics for a week)

Friday+ Moo-shu+ (bladder issues) = Vet Visit + X-ray + Shot

Saturday+ Hubby+ (head cold * nausea * in bed & out of commission) = I'm healthy + I'm exhausted

Sunday + Sick Hubby+ 2pm church= NOT a Lazy Sunday

The total cost equals $325, just a little bit more than I had budgeted for our weekly breakdown...

I have to say, with my superstar "Big Malarkies" exemplar, the week rolled out better than what I would have conducted in the past. Attitude really is a make it-break it mentality. This is me, hoping with a positive attitude, that we all experience at least a notch up on the smooth-sailing-spectrum this week. But if not? I found this Backdoor Survival to Rolling With the Punches for us all.  
 

1 comment:

  1. As a follow-up, I learned that her recent mantra is "Choose to Shine". Truth be told, you are bold & bright Big Malarkies!

    ReplyDelete